Pages

Make It Monday: Brayer Techniques

Sunday, October 30, 2011


This week's technique is using a brayer to add ink to an embossed design.  I don't have a brayer and couldn't envision myself using one enough to warrant a new purchase.  Instead I used a baby wipe, folded up, to add the ink to  my design.  I first dabbed the baby wipe on the lightest color ink pad several times until I picked up enough color.  Then I swiped the paper back and forth moving up towards the top of the project.  The I switched to the medium value ink pad and repeated the process. Then again with the darkest.  Because the baby wipe is damp, it blends the inks beautifully.  I dried the piece with my heat tool and I was done!


Thanks for stopping by today! 
I love and appreciate your visits and sweet comments!



Cardstock: PTI White, Pure Poppy
Stamps: PTI Love Lives Here Holiday
Ink: Memento Black, Memento Bahama Blue, Danube Blue, Paris Dusk
Dies: LLH Heart, Provo Craft Embossing Folder
Other: Rhinestones, Pure Poppy Ribbon

11 comments :

  1. What a great idea to use wipes! It gives a subtler result. Really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! i love your color scheme - very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL card, Kara! Love the blue and red combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever to use wipes. I never would have thought of that. I love the effect it has on the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card with a real old fashioned feel. Reminds me of cards from the 1930s. You are so inventive Kara - a wonderfully original technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. That embossing folder is perfect for a technique like this.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Kara! It would make a great Christmas card to mass produce. Thanks for the baby wipe tip...I don't own a brayer either :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I wish I'd seen this earlier-- I didn't want to buy a brayer either, but didn't know what else would work! I'll have to try this, Kara-- thanks for explaining how you did it. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card..love the colors. I wanted to play along but I don't have a brayer either. I'm with you..I couldn't see spending the money on one. Very creative of you to use baby wipes.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |