Pages

Fancy Feathers

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

 
When Stephanie told me I had won 4 Clearly Besotted stamp sets of my choice I knew one of the sets would be Fancy Feathers!  I love this set.  It was out of stock at the time, but it was worth waiting for.  Stephanie offered to hold off sending me my sets until this set came in.
 
 
Feathers are special to me.  I have a thing for birds;  I just love them.  My husband knows how much I love birds and every time he finds a pretty feather he saves if for me. I have quite a collection of beautiful feathers that have been given to me by him. 

 
The feathers have been embossed with white embossing powder. 
 Each one has been sponged with two ink colors and the cut out. 
Thanks for stopping by today.
Have a Happy 4th of July to those of you in the US.
We will be celebrating with family!

 



Cardstock: PTI White, Vellum
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Fancy Feathers, PTI Faux Ribbon
Ink: Versamark Ink, PTI Sweet Blush, Melon Berry, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, Limeade Ice, New Leaf, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart, Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding
Other: White Embossing Powder, Sweet Blush Ribbon

18 comments :

  1. Kara, this is stunning. So soft and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and dreamy with these colors...
    gorgeous, as always!
    And how sweet that he saves feathers for you!
    My boys love them...
    came home with a handful one afternoon from school...
    Ryder couldn't even hold all of his he had so many!
    Patrick thought a coyote had gotten a turkey in the parking lot because they were everywhere.
    Turns out a friend was to blame.
    It was raining and she knew something had hit the front of her car...
    she drove to town and back with people flashing their lights...
    so she was thinking "cops" ahead...
    nope.
    She had hit a turkey and it was spreadeagle across her grill like the character that Hannibal Lector killed in Silence of the Lambs!
    She had one of the maintenance guys come get it off her car...
    that's where all the feathers had come from...
    and my boys loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still laughing about Renee's story! My first thought is all the germs.....
    Love this gorgeous card Kara! You managed to make the feathers look so light and airy. Fun thing to collect. My husband finds sm. heart shaped rocks and gives them to me.
    Love your card! I get my WMS feathers today and can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing at Renee story too, but your card is absolutely stunning Kara! I think this might me my current new favourite card of yours! The feathers looks so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee tells the funniest stories...still laughing as I type this, but your card is so beautiful...brings me right back to the soft colors and realistic look of those feathers. How lucky you are to have a husband who is so thoughtful and sensitive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee is SO funny! LOVE what you did with YOUR feathers! They are so realistic and beautifully colored. The soft colors are perfect. I'm waiting for my WM set and can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soft and beautiful Kara, goodness!!! I LOVE the story of your hubby bringing you feathers, so SWEET!!!

    And Renee's story, what a hoot!! Or should I say gobble!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely & elegant - amazing how real the feathers look with the white embossing & soft inking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so amazingly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your embossed feathers look so soft, I love how they look like a bouquet. What a sweet story about your husband too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is perfectly scrumptious in every way! LOVE its soft elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is absolutely stunning! Love the soft colors of vellum and the embossing...they almost look real! Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful. The sponging gives those feathers such an artistic look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So soft and gentle...yet absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, I can totally see why you love this set ... it's AMAZING!! Love your collection of feathers on the card just about as much as the story of your special jar full of feathers from your husband. HOW. SWEET. Way better than flowers : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi
    Fabulous card.... Stunning card....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |