Pages

Friday Favorites {FIF #128}

Friday, August 2, 2013

 
My sweet Lady is getting older.  She's having trouble with her back legs.  She was slipping and falling a lot on our hardwood floors downstairs so I ordered her some Power Paws.
She took them off at first, but has been leaving them on and really seems to know they help her.
They work well, but if this is something your aging dog needs I would suggest searching for some that have the grips on both sides of the socks because when Lady plays while wearing them they do tend to twist on her paws.  All in all, though, I am happy with them. 
They are definitely helping her:)
 
 
The guest room is coming together.
I finally got the paint up on the walls and I love it!
The color is Granite Grey by Glidden.

 
My parents came by the other night for some burgers
and my sweet dad brought me sunflowers!
He never comes empty handed:)


The little bird in my geranium finally took his first flight.
I was so thrilled to come outside at just the right moment to see him!
 
 
I've had such a great week. 
I hope you did too.  As we head in to the weekend, I hope you have some free time to make something pretty.  If you are in need of some inspiration to get you started,
 
 

8 comments :

  1. Aw, such a sweet little peek into your life. Love it! I wish my dad would bring me sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe it when I saw my card in your Friday Inspiration File. Thanks so much for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so wonderful that you got some grippy slippers for Lady, I really think dogs know when we do something to help them. Your guest room looks fantastic, I love that paint colour and the sweet bird, isn't such a trill to see them leave the nest. This year the robin had a nest on ym privacy fence right above the BBQ and then took their flying lessons while I was BBQing dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your guest rooml looks wonderful...you should not have shown it to all of us, you may end up with a whole lot of crafty guests! So glad the little socks are helping you dog and this week's inspiration file is especially good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady is a beautiful dog. My DH has wanted a German shepherd for as long as I've known him (27 years). Some day maybe we'll get one! I'm searching for the perfect grey for my master bedroom - and that just might be it! :) Your guest room is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the happy, uplifting, inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much good stuff in this post! I hadn't heard of the Power Paws, but so glad to hear they're helping Lady. Your guest room looks gorgeous! Oh, I love the gray. I'm in the middle of painting our mudroom by the front door, and I thought of asking you to come and help since you're such a pro. ;) I can't get over your luck at capturing that little bird at just the right moment, too. What a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks beautiful! How fun to see the little bird take flight! Love the sunflower and the guest room.
    Thanks for the tip about Lady’s shoes…… but I am not going to let Major get old….he just can’t!!!!!!!! She looks beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |