Pages

smile {HAPPY} joy

Thursday, August 1, 2013

 
Good Morning!
I love color, but every once in awhile I create an all neutral card.
Maybe because of all of those colorful projects from yesterday my eyes needed a calm place to rest.
I used to use color, but mostly monochromatic.
I really credit the ColourQ, both as a participant and a designer, for opening me up to more complex color combinations.  I think that's when I really started experimenting and coming up with some on my own.  It's a great challenge; I encourage you to play along if you haven't already!
 
 
For this week's Make It Monday, I layered the wood grain and leaf images to create a 'double background'.  The kraft ink can be a bit dark so I decided to stamp-off the wood grain once and stamp-off the leaf images twice before stamping.
 
 
  
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
 
Good to see you again.
What's your favorite way to use color on your projects
......neutral, monochromatic, every color in the rainbow? 
 



Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream, Kraft, Text Paper
Stamps: PTI BB Wood grain, Turning A New Leaf
Ink: PTI Kraft
Dies: PTI Mat Stack #3, TANL, Beautiful Blooms II
Other: Little Yellow Bicycle Wood Button and Stick Pins

18 comments :

  1. Kara this is beautiful, monochromatic colour schemes really do give the eyes a rest. I really think for me colour depends on my mood that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Kara. I love all the monochromatic colors but the different patterns add so much interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Kara. I love the wood pieces on the white leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! I love that wood grain stamp set too. I had it out as well when I sat down and opted not to use it. Now you have me second guessing myself. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful and elegant! I love how you perched the flower and leaves on the corner of the frame with the woodgrain peeking through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Kara! What a fabulous design and i like those sweet little stick pins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! Love the wood/pin elements! Lovely card and background design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card!! Love the wood embellies, the flower made out of script paper, and I love the monochromatic look. I'm going to have to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love neutrals, Kara, and this card is neutral magic! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I love this! I love monochromatic stuff too....and the little wood elements are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo wonderfully neutral and complex at the same time. What a great designer you are, Kara! Plus those wood buttons on the stick pins are the ultimate in charming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these neutral colors! Loved the sneak peak on instagram, and I love the full card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous card!! Just stunning!! Love it!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card! Love the no color tone on tone look. WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |