Pages

Halloween Apertures

Sunday, October 12, 2014

 
Holiday Apertures dies are not just for Christmas cards.  As I've said before, this is a die set that will take up permanent residence on your craft table.  I have separated my 4 pieces, but they very easily fit back together and can be held in place with a little bit of low-tack tape.  This is exactly what I've done here, but instead of running them through my machine with the intention of cutting, I've embossed.  I use a Cuttlebug and here is
my sandwich from the bottom up:
A Plate
B Plate
1 Tan Mat
Cardstock
Dies (Face Down)
B Plate
 
 
They create the most beautiful quilted look and feel and can be used to frame any images.  I've chosen to create a Halloween card to send to my nephews.  They're getting older and probably won't appreciate a Halloween card much longer.   Until then, I'll enjoy making these for them.

 
Have a great day!

Cardstock: PTI Black, Recollections 110lb. White
Paper: Scraps
Stamps: WP9 A Pocketful, A Pocketful Halloween
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Dies: WP9 Holiday Apertures, WP9 A Pocketful
Other: Sequins and Rhinestones

8 comments :

  1. Fantastic quilted look with those dies, and love the bats flying out of that cute pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this design...crisp, clean and fabulous Kara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card, Kara - thanks for the info on how to "quilt" the background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection! Love it! One of these days I am going to get that pocket :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilted look. I Really need to order this die and stop procrastinating! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is SWEET! Love how you embossed with the dies, but I love the colors and images even more! AND the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The embossing looks wonderful--great way to use the dies! Love your card--great design!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |