Pages

Ombre' Stamping

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

 
Hey! Guess what? We're expecting more snow.  They say Wednesday into Thursday could bring another 12 inches!  When will it end?  Thankfully my stamps and ink allow me to transport to another place.  A warm, colorful place!  So many new products have come onto the market lately.  One of which is ombre' ink pads.  They look awesome! Would I love to have them? Of course, but I think I can, and have, recreated the same effect with supplies I already own.   
 
 
For my first card I have used WPlus9 PURE Color Dye Ink in Little Piggy, Sweet Gelato, and Cranberry Crush to stamp my ombre' sentiment.  Starting with my lightest color, I inked up the hello stamp from Hand Lettered Hello.  Then I applied my second color on 2/3 of the image tapping the stamp pad onto the image. Making sure to move the pad around a bit will avoid making a line therefore creating a smooth transition from one color to the next.  I did the same with my third color, only applying ink to the final 1/3 of the sentiment. I stamped the secondary sentiment 'love' with the darkest color.

 
I did the same for the sentiment from Hand Lettered Thanks on my second card. This time using the colors Falling Star, Wild Mango, and Sweet Nectar.  I love the effect I get with the WPlus9 inks and I get to save my money for some new stamp sets instead!
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!


 



Cardstock: WP9 White, Black, Ballet Slippers, PTI Summer Sunrise
Stamps: WP9 Pretty Peonies, Hand Lettered Hello, Hand Lettered Thanks, Dream Believer,  Botanical Bunch
Ink: WP9 Ink Linked Above, Versafine Onyx
Dies: SSS Stitched Rectangle Dies

15 comments :

  1. I agree with Tracey, you nailed it and what a fun card design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful design--great take on the sketch challenge! Your ombre sentiments look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look incredible. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, these are gorgeous!! What a great effect with the ombre stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Gorgeous stamping as always! More snow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are both gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the technique you used! Fabulous takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these, Kara! Great job inking!
    NO MORE SNOW!! UGH! I am so ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are just beautiful!! I love the stamps you've used and the ombre effect is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your design and your technique is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kara, these are so, so beautiful! I've been admiring them all week and I had to make the trip over to tell you of my love, lol! Great work creating the ombre effect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a creative take on the sketch--I love the dynamic design you created!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |